CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Stomach bug from... and a few other tidbits

The Robertson's have been under the weather to say the least this week. Kate woke up vomitting on Sunday night and poor thing she is still having diarrhea - acts like she is feeling better, but still not eating. Chris and I both had a milder version - thank goodness but it has been a long week!

On a lighter note - I am really beginning to like Little Rock. When we moved out here (almost a year ago) everyone said it would take a year to really get used to a new town - well, I can verify that. I honestly hated it at first and felt so alone, but I have made friends, gotten involved with bible study and church activities and honestly Little Rock finally feels like home!!

I am finally getting sleep - two weeks ago on a Sunday evening I had had it (those of you who facebook might recall a status update that was somewhat um a downer!!) Anyway, I finally let Addison cry it out and it has paid off. She cried 45 minutes the first night and about 20 minutes the next few (not many) and before I knew it the girl was laying down on her own for naps and bed time and SLEEPING all night (12 hours) most nights - not always!!! I am here to tell you, sleep is precious. I had no idea how exhausted I was from getting up every 2-3 hours for 9 months! So, some of you are thinking my success is unfair - I agree - at 9 months most kids probably would have fought harder. I guess Addison was meant to be a good sleeper, but I just could no let her be - I needed the assurance of having her in my arms. By the way, I still rock her for 10 minutes or so - LOVE IT!!

The blog is getting a little word heavy and no pics - well, I tried to upload pics and the computer was giving me fits. It truly is ancient and I need to get things switched over to the current laptop, but as you know that is a huge undertaking. I'll try again when I have a FREE moment (laugh out loud - what mother, especially a resident's wife has free time!!)

Hope all are well. Have been out of cyber land for a while, so I have some catching up to do. Have a happy weekend - Chris is off tomorrow and the parents are coming in for a visit - OH HAPPY DAY!

1 comments:

Dion said...

So happy to hear how you are doing. I think of you often. Sorry you've all been sick.